First time set up
- Click the validate link on your welcome email. Go to “My Account”/”Profile Settings” and set up your account with your profile picture, brokerage name and address, and logo.
Here are the items that you MUST do for EACH TOOUR.
If you do not do these, your virtual tour will NOT appear on MLS listing, Realtor.com, Trulia and Zillow.
2. Enter virtual tour URL in MLS. The following directions are for the MFRMLS (My Florida Regional)
- Copy the Unbranded Tour Link (URL) from the tour publication announcement email, or from your client panel in the “Links” section.
- Paste the UNBRANDED tour link in the appropriate spot in your MLS listing screen.
If you are a member of MFRMLS (My Florida Regional MLS) the link is entered under the Realtor tab – “Marketing Links and Information”. Paste the link into “Virtual Tour Link 1”. The “Create Free Virtual Automatic Tour Yes/No” should be checked “No”
For other MLS services, please consult your MLS.
Use only the unbranded tour link to avoid MLS penalties and fines.
2. CONFIGURE TOUR WITH MLS NUMBER AND MLS SERVICE
- Select your tour after you are logged in at tours.mike-cartwright.com
- Select “Edit Tour”
- Select Map/MLS
- Select your MLS Service
- Enter the MLS listing Number
These are the MINIMUM steps that are required to ensure the tour is visible to all MLS listings.
You can also arrange photos, choose music, configure and print flyers, add verbiage, title photos, etc. from the tour client panel.
1) Clean and tidy. Make sure that everything is put away, counters are clear, beds are made, trash is empty, clothes are put away, and windows/mirrors are clean. This photoshoot is more important than an open house, and will be viewed by more people. Make sure that the home is ready for presentation to its next owner!
2) No cars in the driveway. Please move any vehicles that may be in the driveway. They clutter the picture and reduce the impact.
3) The yard should be mowed, bushes trimmed, and any outside clutter removed. If your garbage cans are normally outside and in view, please move them to the garage.
4) Turn on every light in the home! Seriously, every light in the house, whether overhead, under counter, by the bed, in a display case, etc. needs to be on. I do not know what lights you have or where the switches are.
5) Excessive Decorations. If you have a room (or rooms) that are excessively decorated/furnished, please remove the excess. An abundance of decorating seldom photographs well. This is true for open houses as well – consider packing some of the decorations/furnishings away for the duration of the time the home is on the market.
6) Magazines and recyclables. If you have places in the home that typically have reading material or recyclables stacked, please remove.
7) Blind Spots. Sometimes a home has features which need repair or replacement. It is not unusual for the owners to become blind to these issues because they see them every day. These are usually things like a rip in a screen, a broken outside light fixture, dirty windows, or unkempt shrubbery. Try to look at the home with fresh eyes and see if there any blind spots that should be addressed before the photoshoot.
What To Expect
I have taken thousands of home pictures which have sold hundreds of homes. Chances are the photos I am taking will be the buyer’s first impression of your home. The photos alone will capture their attention from whichever service they choose to use.
To make sure that the photos show the home as well as possible, and that there are no surprises, I have made a list of the preparations you should make as well as what to expect. Also, be sure to read our Terms of Service: Terms of Service
1) I will arrive on time at the appointed address. I do not have a key for the home, if there is a lock-box I will need the code and location. If you are meeting me at the property, please also be on time.. Occasionally, I am kept longer than anticipated at a previous shoot. Please make sure that I have a contact phone number if you are meeting me.
2) A typical home photoshoot is 2 hours or less. Premium/luxury homes can take more time.
3) I will photograph the interior and exterior. Some areas are not photographed unless you have requested (closets, garages, mud rooms, small bathrooms, utility rooms).
4) If there are no instructions, I will exercise my best judgement on what photographs are needed. Please ensure that I know of any unique features that you want highlighted.
Edit this post.
The control panel is where you set up the tour, arrange pictures, assign descriptions, etc. There are two ways to get to your control panel. The easiest way is from the menu, choose “Shop” and then “My Tours”.
Alternately, you can simply type the address in to your browser: tours.mike-cartwright.com.
To access your tours, you will need to click on “Log In” and login with the credentials that were provided to you via email.
First Time Client set up (does not have to be redone for future orders)
- A link will be sent to you to activate you account. You will choose a user name and password.
- For future visits, you can access your Virtual Tour control panel at tours.mike-cartwright.com
- Click on the “My Account” area in the upper right hand corner of the screen. From the dropdown, select Profile settings
- Your name will be already be filled in. The rest of the information is needed for proper operation of your tour. You will need to have your Agent license number, your brokerage address, a profile photo, and your company logo. The logo and photo will be visible to the user when more info” is selected.
- Optionally, you can also add assistants that you want to receive emails. You can also add a disclaimer which will appear on the info page
1) Media Tab
a) Log in. All of your tours will appear. Select the tour you want edit. A page with 6 options will appear
b) Click on the “Edit Tour” icon (lower right). The “Edit Tour” page loads with the “Media” tab active.
c) Drag the images around until you are happy with the flow and arrangement. Move any unwanted photos to the bottom of the page and rename them “XX”. Pictures marked with XX will be deleted from your account within 24 hours. For all images that you are keeping, rename the photos as you wish and add any descriptions. The Title and description that you enter will be displayed in the tour. The title will be in a large font and the description, in a smaller font, will appear just above the image as it is presented.
d) You will choose the default image display time and effects later. The options on this page are used only if you want an individual image to have different display times and effects.
e) If you are electing to keep more images than were originally purchased, go to mike-cartwright.com and select “Add-Ons Only Order From” to make your purchase.
f) We will delete the unwanted photos, enable the download feature, and publish the tour, after you complete the above.
2) Tour Tab
a) Click on “Tour” tab.
b) The Tour page opens as an accordion with 3 choices: Tour Info, Media, and Menu Links. The “Tour Info” accordion will already be open. If it is not click on it to open.
c) Tour Accordion
i) Click on the Tour accordion on the bottom of the display
ii) Enter the Tour Heading (heading 1) and sub heading (heading 2). These will display at the top of your tour. This where most agents place the price, address, and a brief summary of features. Note these entries are visible for the entire tour, make them count!
iii) Enter your best property write-up in “Property Description. This will be displayed when a user clicks on “More Info”
d) Media Accordion
i) Click on the Media accordion on the bottom of the display
ii) Choose the music you wish to play (if any)
iii) Choose display time, transitions, autoplay, etc
e) Menu Links Accordion
i) Click on the Menu Links accordion on the bottom of the display
ii) These are the links that are visible when the user clicks on “more Info”. You can choose which links appear, and override the default item.
3) Map MLS tab
a) Select your MLS Service from the drop down, and insert the MLS number in the box.
b) Verify that the address is listed correctly.